When choosing an awning and canopy cleaning company, the most important criteria should be if the vendor is professional, experienced, and knowledgeable in the different techniques and chemicals used on different types of awnings and canopies.
Awnings and canopies are expensive and can be easily damaged if cleaned incorrectly. There are some backlit, “eradicable” vinyls that can be destroyed if exposed to the wrong chemicals.
The cost to clean an awning is a small fraction of the cost to re-cover it, so regular maintenance pays for itself in the long run.
Awnclean evaluates many different aspects about an awning or canopy when estimating the cost to clean it. This may include:
- The type of stains (environmental dirt, mold, mildew, rust, tree sap, roofing tar, paint and/or bird droppings)
- The type of fabric
- The location and how difficult it is to reach it
- The age and condition
- The type of UV protectant, sealer or water repellent that is required
Awning Cleaning Maintenance Programs for Business Owners
The many details in the day-to-day activities of running a business can sometimes be overwhelming. This is why it makes sense to set up a regular maintenance schedule for your awnings and canopies. If you don’t, before you know it, this important investment may have to be replaced at a significant cost.
Before setting up a maintenance program with an awning and canopy cleaner, you must first give yourself some guidelines. These include:
- Your budget. Get several bids to determine realistic pricing for your area of the country. Just make sure you are comparing “apples to apples” between what is included in the maintenance. If you are setting up a national awning-cleaning program, pricing levels can vary dramatically throughout the country. If you go with a flat rate for all your locations, this will reflect an averaged price.
- The type of cleaning you need. Make sure that you are using an awning cleaning company who will hand clean, not pressure wash, your awnings.
- Regularly scheduled or as-needed basis? If you decide to clean your awning and canopies on an as-needed basis, invariably this maintenance will be forgotten until they are beyond repair. With a regularly scheduled cleaning program, you will never have to worry about your valuable awnings and canopies falling into disrepair because of dirt, mold and/or mildew.
Once you have determined these factors, please give Awnclean a call so we can help you protect this important investment.